NATIONAL COOPERATIVE DEVELOPMENT ACT--HR3677
The National Cooperative Development Act was introduced to congress as H.R. 3677 on December 16th. The bill creates a National Cooperative Development Center that will:
• Award grants to nonprofit organizations, colleges and universities provide technical assistance to cooperative or groups seeking to form co-ops.
• Provide guidance, best practices and technical assistance to communities seeking to establish cooperatives.
• Create a revolving loan fund to provide seed capital to groups attempting to form cooperatives.
• Provide funding to train providers of technical assistance an support existing professional development for organizations engaged in cooperative development.
• Establish cooperative development centers in areas that do not have them.
For more information about the bill and learn how you can become involved:
Press release at http://t.co/K6sLkp4u Join the campaign at www.campaign.coop. Talking points to share your views about the bill with your representatives at www.campaign.coop/node/24.