ATTENTION: Firefox users need to do the following steps specified on this link in order to view the fillable PDF.
Job Application: Cooperative Developer/Facilitator
Full Job Description: Click Here.
California Center for Cooperative Development (CCCD) is accepting applications for a full time Cooperative Developer/Facilitator position in Davis, CA. Application submissions are welcomed immediately. CCCD (www.cccd.coop) is a charitable non-profit that promotes the development of cooperative businesses through education, development and technical assistance.
Job Description: Cooperative Developer/Facilitator will help manage a worker cooperative that provides environmentally green cleaning service for homes and businesses, as well as support expansion of the co-op with related member recruitment and training. The facilitator will be supporting a transition to self-management. Since the first language of most members is Spanish, the Facilitator must be bilingual. The position seeks a committed, creative person with diverse abilities, excellent communication skills, familiarity with cleaning services and business management or economic development, and a keen interest in the cooperative business model. The position is full time.
The immediate position focuses on supporting the worker cooperative by helping members during the transition to independent management, while helping the business maintain and expand profitability and member expansion. This will include member development and cooperative education, as well as expanding the business with an emphasis on maintaining quality environmentally green cleaning services to home and commercial clients. The facilitator will assist members with accounting by pricing products and services, tracking payments; and maintaining payroll and accounting.
- Maintain workplace and project-specific policies as well as the project budget
- Support Member Development and Empowerment
- Community Outreach
- Business Management (including maintaining accounts & payroll using Quickbooks (will train if needed)
- Promote Business Success
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Community Development, Economics, Sociology, or other related field.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English; experience in working in diverse communities.
- Demonstrated experience of strong verbal and written skills.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with cooperative development, community organizations and team development or related experience. Knowledge and involvement with worker cooperatives preferred.
- Entrepreneurial/Business or comparable skills. Comfort with accounting and financials.
- Ability to learn quickly and have an interest in developing a variety of new skills; be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines; have the ability to work both autonomously and with groups.
- Able to engage in physical labor involved with cleaning, ability to easily lift 30 pounds.
Hours: Full Time. Schedule can vary. Must be able to work 1-2 evening meetings per week and some weekends.
Languages: Must be bilingual in Spanish and English, with good writing and speaking skills in each language.
Salary: $4,000 to $4,600/month, based on education and experience. Position includes paid holidays, sick and vacation, as well as health plan or allowance.
Application Process: Applications accepted immediately, deadline: 2/08/19 (may be extended as position open until filled). Applicants should submit a completed CCCD application, their full resume and a brief cover letter by email to CCCD at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Cooperative Facilitator Position”). REMINDER: Be sure to save the fillable application on your computer before you attach it to your email.
INQUIRIES BY EMAIL ONLY, NO PHONE INQUIRIES or WALK-INS PLEASE.
The California Center for Cooperative Development is an equal opportunity employer