Call for Presenters at the 2023 California Co-op Conference from June 2 – 3, 2023 in San Jose, CA
CCCD is seeking presenter proposals for the 2023 California Co-op Conference. Presenting at the co-op conference allows you to contribute to the co-op movement, to interact with amazing people, and to participate in the conference for free or at reduced costs.*
Conference workshops should focus on promoting, starting, and effectively operating a cooperative, strategies in assisting cooperatives, or sharing a story about an innovative or interesting cooperative. Workshops can be applicable to all kinds of co-ops or targeted to specific sectors. The conference will include special emphasis on the following sectors:
- Housing Cooperatives
- Worker Cooperatives or Democratic ESOPs (including conversions and worker co-op farms)
- Consumer Food Cooperatives
- MCLE accredited workshops for attorneys (presented in a manner that is also valuable to non-attorneys)
Please complete and submit the Call for Presenter Form by Friday, February 10, 2023 via email: email@example.com. We welcome proposals for workshops consistent with the themes presented below.
Below are general workshop themes:
- Co-op Governance and Communication--Help leaders effectively make decisions, communicate, or monitor the financial performance of their cooperative. We encourage workshops across the experience spectrum.
- Cooperative Basics & Start-up--Effective approaches and strategies for starting a cooperative, including the conversion of an existing business to a cooperative. An important area in start-up includes the many ways that start-ups can be capitalized.
- Legal Issues in Cooperatives--Preference is given for workshops that will qualify for MCLE credit.
- Finance and Equity Issues--Funding strategies for start-up, growth or for special purposes. Workshops that help existing co-ops manage and grow equity or to use it in productive, innovative ways.
- Cooperative Culture and Member Engagement--Strategies to maintain a positive cooperative culture and help members stay involved from start-up through growth and change.
- Co-op Case Studies--Detailed accounts of co-ops that present meaningful lessons for strategies to emulate and those to avoid.
- How Co-ops Promote Economic Development & Address Community Needs—Designed for Economic/Community Development Professionals, City Staff and Elected Officials, sessions can share examples of initiatives, projects and strategies. We especially welcome proposals about limited equity housing cooperatives.
- Advancing the Co-op Movement--Big picture ideas, examples and strategies.
*Full-day conference fee is waived for solo presenters who present one workshop, with half-price fee for the second day; full conference fee is waived for 2 solo workshops. Workshop panels of up to 3 participants each gain 50% discount on the conference fee. Further discounts apply for presenters who participate in more than one workshop or panel. For questions or concerns, please contact CCCD.